Title: Senior Project Manager
Navico is currently the world’s largest leisure marine electronics company with leading brands: Lowrance, Simrad and B&G. It designs, manufactures, and sells a full range of marine electronics for recreational and professional marine applications. Navico is a truly global company, with approximately 1,500 employees and distribution in more than 100 countries worldwide. Navico has a rich heritage of over 60 years of innovation in marine electronics and recognized as one of the most technically advanced and customer focused companies in the sector.
Navico has strengthened its leading position and outgrown all its competitors in its core recreational market. Through its Simrad brand, Navico has also a long tradition in the professional market in which Navico is committed to replicate its success in the recreational market. The company is investing in an aggressive growth plan over the next 5 years.
Reporting to the VP of the Program Management Office, you will be responsible for working internally with business unit owners or divisional heads on highly strategic projects either as a dedicated Project Manager or Project Advisor. This position is highly visible to top management allowing the individual to work multiple project assignments at a time which gives the opportunity to build understanding of the business and senior connections quickly. The project pipeline is broad and diverse, spanning from business unit strategy, M&A, post-merger integration, brand growth strategy, commercial excellence, operations, and organization.
In addition of your project roles, you will contribute the establishment and professionalization of the PMO platform with plug & play processes and tools.
Travel: Navico premises; approximately 20-30% of work time travelling globally
Reports to: VP Program Management Office;
The position has the highest level of executive access, with all projects sponsored by a member of the Corporate Executive Committee. Conclusions and results are regularly presented to the company’s CEO.
Key performance indicators:
- Successful execution and results delivered by projects involved on (against projects KPIs)
- Navico’s global financial performance
- Feedback from business unit owners involved on your projects
Qualifications, experience, and profile of ideal candidate
- Master’s degree in business administration or Project Management preferred.
- Experience of at least one year in management consulting from a top tier firm, with proven successful track record as a Project Manager/Case Team Leader is plus (project management, problem solving, excellent communication skills)
- Experience in either technology, consumer electronics, marine sector, or machinery equipment a plus
- Ambition, drive, and desire to succeed in a high-pace performance driven organization
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop or support development of strategic business solutions based of complex program/projects during scoping and planning stage.
- Executes and/or contributes to business strategies during executing stages.
- Accountability for working with and/or driving projects, either in a business unit, division, or Program Management Office, on all aspects of planning and executing,
- On-time, budget, and scope of the projects assigned
- Drive the creation and improvement of processes, procedures, and tools to support business units from a PMO standpoint. Successful communication, training, and adoption of PMO Life Cycle Management processes, and tools.
- Regularly communicates program / project updates including key decisions, risks and issues, and milestones.
- Fosters a climate that supports relationship building and collaboration at all levels of the business, which results in improved alignment and innovation.
- Actively uses opportunities for partnering across the business groups which results in improved coordination and alignment of best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key skill set:
- C-level communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of demonstrating project delivery and process acceptance within a fast-paced business environment
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Self-starting, able to communicate and action virtual teams utilizing phone, email, and video communication
- Facilitates timely and effective decision-making amongst the businesses.
- Experience leading multiple projects with common resources / resource balancing
- Good listening skills. Able to understand the internal customer needs and form them into a clear and concise summary for management teams or stakeholders.
- PMP or related project management education training is a plus.
- Works well in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, and assertiveness.
- User of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)