Navico Inc. is looking for a Business Intelligence Administrator to provide technical expertise in the setup, implementation, administration and maintenance of the business intelligence environment and its associated applications and databases that support reporting and analytics for our business. The primary focus is supporting users and operational stability of business intelligence applications deployed globally. The BI administrator is responsible for upgrades and patches to the business intelligence technologies environment. The BI Administrator will actively participate in business analysis by collaborating with end users, project stakeholders, and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models. The role is expected to combine business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills to synthesize and create solutions that satisfy the business needs.
- Install, configure, upgrade, optimize, monitor and maintain Business Intelligence technology components
- Support and maintain the development, test and production Cognos Reporting environments.
- Support and maintains business reporting environment while preserving consistency, intuitive usage, quality data, and timely availability with minimal guidance.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for all requests working independently.
- Work closely with business users to understand key performance metrics and analytics in delivering effective solutions.
- Research new technology and develops business cases to support the business intelligence goals and objectives
- 3+ years Information Technology experience
- 3+ years’ experience performing systems administration for complex BI reporting environments including Cognos version 10.1+ (Framework Manager, Transformer, Query Studio, Report Studio, and Analysis Studio).
- 2+ years’ experience with Relational Databases and Structured Query language (SQL) including MS SQL Server (2005 and higher)
- 2+ years’ experience translating user requirements into detailed technical specifications and participating in reviewing technical specifications and developed solutions.
- Experience in developing and executing Business Intelligence (BI) strategy – aligning technology to business needs
- Proactive, great attention to detail, results-oriented problem solver
- Ability to deal with long term goals along with immediate performance concerns
Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to perform in pressure situations.